  • Subject: FINAL REPORT ON Q.H.H.S.
  • From: "le clown jardinier Réjean D." <bomil@total.net>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 17:07:51 -0400

Quebec Hostas and Hemerocallis Society

Oh yeah! Our September meeting is already over.

More than 100 members attending.
More than 245 hosta leaves for the first Cut-Leaf show, more than 65 picture
the Picture show, more than 5 flower displays.
Here is the new Executive Committee: Reggie D. Millette, Claudette
Ladouceur, Marielle Ruel, Marie-Josée Van Sterthem and Louise Langlois.
The Society showed a surplus of  4300$ since the beginning (18 months).
We have more than 110 plants in the Baby Sitting Programme.
There was 45 lots in our Auction. The most expensive lots went for 90$
(Total sales 1800$). Thanks to donors.
There was 6 lots in our Chineese Auction. (Total sales of 425$)
We had more than 35 door prizes..
The first 100 members to register yesterday all received a Hostas 'Krossa
Regal given by the Society.
Daniel Martin had to replace Clarence Crochet at the last minute. Mr Crochet
was not able to get away from United States due to the New-York events.
(More than 25 participants at the Breeders workshop. THANKS also to Adamo
Senecal (Ferns), Danielle Paquette (Hostas) and again Daniel Martin
All our speakers were translated in both language french and english.
The group orders for Eureka Daylilies Reference Book, Hostas Finder and the
Plant markers from KS went well.
Take a look in the last Newsletter.
We now have more than 400 members.

Announced projects for 2002:

Next meeting: end of March 2002.
Group order with Plant Delight Nursery, Q & Z Nursery and one other to be
Sale / Exchange of plants to members.
We will attend three different garden show locally.
Our Society was selected to participate with 22 Countries, in the
International Indoor Garden Design Show, in Quebec City from 4th to 14th of
April 2002. We will display an indoor garden with full folliage grown hostas
and full bloom daylilies. We have 600 square feet to furnish.
We will have a booth at 2 different sales point: We will sell books, plants
and membership.
We will attend the two National Convention (Hostas and Daylilies).
We will hold a real Hostas Cut-Leaf Show with judging in June 2002.
We will have again Garden visits to our members and affiliate members.
We will publish 4 or 5 Newsletters.
We will increase our Baby sitting programme.
Our Society asked the permission to hold the 2006 American Hosta Society
Annual Convention in Montreal. We are solving most of the problems with the
Phytos and entrance of leaves and plants in Canada.

We will increase our membership.

As you can see we are more than active.

THANKS for your support.

Reggie D. Millette