Hosta In Focus -- Silver Lining

  • Subject: Hosta In Focus -- Silver Lining
  • From: Giboshiman@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 08:56:55 EDT

A couple of people called me yesterday and indicated to me that the hotel wasn't showing a block of rooms for Hosta in Focus.  (When calling in you need to ask for Potomac Hosta.)  But more importantly they were able to get a rate that was less than the original block room rate.

As a consequence, I called the hotel and told them about this and they said that corporate headquarters had dropped their rates this week due to the substantial drop in travel due to last week's events and they would drop our block room rate accordingly.

Thus, I have good news about HIF rooms.  The rate has dropped from $94 (plus tax) down to $79 (plus tax). Thus, this represents a savings of greater than $30.  Keep in mind that the weekday corporate/government rate for this hotel is $150.  This is a real bargain.

Again, if you are calling to get a room ask for "Potomac Hosta".  Don't worry, if you already made your reservation they will take care of lowering it.  It may take a couple of days to process through those that already made reservations.

The room block remains open through October 10.  We are limited to 120 attendees so get your reservations and registration forms in soon.