Re: price-gouging

  • Subject: Re: price-gouging
  • From: bob <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 10:36:31 -0700

Bill Meyer wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>          What would you do if the other place did it too? It is illegal.
> Businesses who do that hope to get people cornered, like the car rental
> place at the airport. If you need it bad enough you'll pay and that's what
> they're hoping for. This is a democracy and we can demand that the
> government do something. In this case the government seems only too happy to
> help.
Hi Bill
	It is a democracy so there is supposed to be free trade also so where
do you draw the line. In the case of the grocery stores this is a
community of a large per centage of old people that can't go anywhere so
they have to take their social security checks and go to the one
remaining store. Life isn't easy.

--
Bye
Bob        Bob Axmear 208 2nd St Ne Waukon, Ia 52172