Re: Hiroshima

  • Subject: Re: Hiroshima
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 08:40:32 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/01 8:20:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time, bobaxe@sbtek.net
writes:

<< We didn't actually drop the bomb on Hiroshima because of Pearl Harbor,
 we dropped it so we didn't have to invade their islands to end the war.

Bob, my father-in-law just passed away about a year ago.  He was stationed in
the Pacific and was the leader of a mortar patrol-squad.  He never talked
about what he did or saw in the war.  We were surprised at how well  he had
kept all the information regarding his service.  It is obvious that he would
not have survived the war if it had not been for the dropping of the bomb.
Certainly would have led to me having a different life.  N.