Re: Hiroshima

  • Subject: Re: Hiroshima
  • From: "Kate Ardissono" <ardissono@home.com>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 17:31:48 -0500

The one thing some of the people I work with feel is that if Pakistan and
India wanted a place to test their nuclear weapons Afghanistan is a good
place.. Others want to drop precussion bombs.. I've never seen such a
hornets nest.  Several of the ex-military are retrieving equipment and are
set to re-sign to fight.  I understand their feelings as we are manning
crisis lines for our workers families in New York.  We are looking at over
200 that they have confirmed did not make it and we still have not
accounted for 150 people.  Our CEO Patrick Ryan has called each and every
family of a person missing and has spend some time with each.  On Monday
there is a memorial at St. Pat's in NY and it will be telecasted to several
theaters in the area to accomadate the people expected.  On Tuesday is the
memorial service in Chicago at Holy Name Cathedral.

We are donating and raising funds that our company is matching for our
coworkers in New York so I know I'll be lucky if I get back to the garden
before bedding it down for the year.  I may try to get out (even if it
rains tomorrow)... I need that solice that you only find with your garden.