Re: seeds

  • Subject: Re: seeds
  • From: "Ransom Lydell" <ranbl@netsync.net>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:13:33 -0400

Be sure after "harvesting" Hosta seed, to thoroughly dry the seed before storage.  It can then be places in paper envelopes, which can be "bulk stored" in a "Zip Lock" type bag.  It will indeed remain viable for many years in the freezer.  This last winter I grew some of my seed that has been frozen for five years.  It germinated well.