Fried Green Tomatoes

  • Subject: Fried Green Tomatoes
  • From: Josh Spece <jspece@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 17:24:30 -0500

I've always liked Fried Green Tomatoes, even though it may not be the
first plant in the garden that catches your eye.

I have a block of maybe 8 to 10, 2 year old plants and over
half...probably close to 3/4...of the flower scapes have at least one
branch on them.  Is this common on this variety?  I could not find any
branched scapes on Fried Bananas, Guacamole, or Fragrant Bouquet.

I also notice about 2/3 of the scapes have one or two big seed pods, yet
none of it's relatives set seed.  Anyone ever grown seed from FGT?

Are my FGT's behaving normally?

IA, z4
                 /\ In The Country Garden & Gifts ((Completely
 |\  \\\\__   o  \/ Specializing in Hostas and Water Gardens