Re: hosta-open DIGEST V1 #400

  • Subject: Re: hosta-open DIGEST V1 #400
  • From: "Dan & Lu Nelson" hostanut@Bellsouth.net
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 16:54:49 -0400

If there's not room in the AHS Journal for in depth hosta science articles then we are fortunate that another publication is going to publish this material. I personally believe the problem has more to do with conflicting personality types than it is about space or cost anyway.
In the AHS Journal V.32, #2 room was found for 8 full pages to list introductions by a well know hosta person. This information is already available to AHS members. I can find lots of other room in this issue that could be used for science articles such as the two pages of notes from the Ed**or, three pages for the Reg**trar's report, a whole page soliciting for nominations for the Alex Summers Award, ten pages of......, and a page and a half of 'In good hands'.....
The bottom line is that there is room for science articles and room for hosta fluff in the AHS Journal. Loosing the science articles from the AHS Journal will be regretted in the long run but by then those who baked this cake will be long gone.
Dan Nelson
P.S. Take another look at this issue. If not for George and Warren......there would be no scientific material at all. I doubt there's five pages of science out of 86 pages.