Re: hosta-open DIGEST V1 #400

  • Subject: Re: hosta-open DIGEST V1 #400
  • From: "Dan & Lu Nelson" hostanut@Bellsouth.net
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 19:49:48 -0400

What do we lose by asking that the scientific information be presented in an interesting and readable format suitable for the vast majority of people reading the publication?

Chick
I like your definitions and agree that the journal is not the place for pages and pages of charts. I actually did go through Ed's charts but it took a long time for me to figure out what they meant and I'm sure very few reader took the time. Like you said......the written summary said it all or at least 99% of what the charts said.

Scientific articles need to be as lay person friendly as possible. I feel a scientist has failed if the only audience they can speak to is other scientist.

Dan