Saturday Mutterings

  • Subject: Saturday Mutterings
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 11:38:28 -0500

Have been wandering around the garden muttering to myself this morning. A
couple of observations and a question or two came up.

I recently planted  H. 'Imperial Moth' next to H. 'Flamboyant'. I am now
having trouble telling them apart. Any comment?

I looked at H. 'Raspberry Sorbet' and paid special attention to the bloom.
The flowers (at least seen as a whole) don't really resemble , and the
sheath that holds the flower/bud is also a rosy/metallic purple. The
flowers are well distributed around the scape which make for a bushier
bloom structure rather than the usual  flowers-on-a-stick bloom of most
hostas. A very attractive plant with the bloom. A Saturday morning Best
Buy.

I have lost the tag to a plant I purchased at the first  First Look from
Naylor Creek. Does anyone know if they had H. 'Cat's Eye' for sale at their
vendors table that year? It looks a bit like that plant but I don't know. I
know when, where, and who, just not what.

Someone mentioned PYLON as something new for nematodes. Any information
available?

"Depression is just the anger without enthusiasm." Steve Wright
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont
05156