the number of species

Dear George
I am happy with your response about the status of the
species/cultivars with respect to registration.  I am less happy with
your suggestion that your list of species is still the only valid one
You recognize 43 species following largely Maekawa 1940 who
recognized 38 species. I like to point out that since that time
several, peer reveiwed, scientific articles have appeared in the
literature, based on solid data, showing that the actual number of
species is close to 23 not 43. Science moves on, even in Hosta.
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands