Good turn-out

  • Subject: Good turn-out
  • From: "Rejean Millette" bomil@total.net
  • Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 23:35:00 -0400

THANK YOU!
Our September meeting is now over.

Another great turn-out.

Workshop on hybridizing? more than 45 participants and we still ask for more. THANKS to Beth and Clarence Crochet. THANKS also to Daniel Martin our interpreter.

Hosta Cut Leaf Show; the members brought very nice specimen. In 2003 this activity will be in June. Good exercise for idintifying and get informed on other cultivars.

Annual General Meeting: the Society is in good shape, even financilly. Another yera full of success.

Election: Reggie D. Millette, Claudette Ladouceur and Marie-Josée Van Sterthem were reelected  for another two-year term.

In 2003, we will host the first canadian convention on daylilies. Get ready to attend on July 24-25-26 and 27 2003. Speakers, auction, presentations, garden visits, etc.

Conference by Albert Mondor: always good.

Seedling contest held in March 2002. The winners are, for the daylilies, Daniel Harrisson and for the hostas, Les Jardins Osiris. CONGRATULATIONS! Patrick Rondeau won the prize for voting.

Conference on daylilies by Clarence andt Beth Crochet: a nice slide show. THANKS to Daniel Martin, again our interpreter.

CHINEESE AUCTION: Excellent results!

INSTANT WINNERS: Very interesting for the participants.

AUCTION: more than 50 lots for a great total of 4 000$. THANKS! to all the donations given by Jardin des Nuances, Hémérocalles de l'Isle, Pépinière L'Avenir, Pépinière Villeneuve, Jardin Cléroux et Frères, Pépinière Paul's, Budd Garden, Jardin du Lac Brome, Albert Mondor, Van Wade, Clarence Crochet, Ted Petit, White House Perennials, Botanical Garden, Ran Lydell,  Howard Hackwell, Louise Ramsay, just to name a few.

Also we had a good meeting with the affiliate members.

Another great THANKS to all our volunteers.

Once again, in the name of the Administration Board THANKS!

Reggie D. Millette
President
Quebec Hostas and Hemerocallis Society