Re: Brim Cup and Knockout - bad hostas?

  • Subject: Re: Brim Cup and Knockout - bad hostas?
  • From: RBRSSR@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 21:54:45 EDT

In a message dated 09/19/2002 9:01:57 AM Central Daylight Time, HMinnesota@aol.com writes:
Regarding Brim Cup and Knockout

I am cleaning out my garden and am wondering if these were two that were mentioned.  If so, I might dig them out as they do not do so well.

Tom, there are always a few who have good luck with hostas that are notoriously bad growers. I never doubt them and I'm sure there are many possible reasons for their success. But, these two hostas are definitely not good growers for most people in Central Illinois, and I'm sure many other areas also.
Ray Rodgers, Bartonville, IL, CIHS, Zone 5