Re: Hot Spots and Fall Slug Control

  • Subject: Re: Hot Spots and Fall Slug Control
  • From: Bill Nash raffi@sympatico.ca
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:24:24 -0400

Hi <"Doc-f i l l">

Doesn't *CYGON 2E* <=> kill every living-thing in the soil e.g. beneficial insects like earthworms, etcetera?  Seems to me, that is too much of an over-kill --- don't you think?

You might be better off, to go out there at night, with miner's lamp on forehead, and catch them by hand; and just think of the fun you'll have, creating your own slug-collection for the Robin birdies? <"hehe">

{{B>) /bill nash guelph ontario canada Zone 4
ps...most hostas, produce more leaves than the pests can eat; and in Japan for example, I hear: they prefer to look at a hosta with slug-hole-damage, since that is natural (real-life-like?); and for sure, this hosta is not made of silk (artificial)?

  ...Bird'food!..for thought?

<<-- and regarding original email below -->>