Re: .exe attachments

  • Subject: Re: .exe attachments
  • From: "W. George Schmid" hostahill@Bellsouth.net
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:38:26 -0400

Hi Lu,
I had one come in yesterday (from Narda) with a .gif extension attachment.
Saved it to A: and checked the att there with Norton (I have continuous
virus update) No virus. I tried to open it and nothing happened. I restarted
and found the Norton icon missing in my tool bar. When I started Norton from
the desktop, it came up and when I started another scan it aborted the scan
after a few seconds. I restarted again and the ison was still missing. I
went to the Symantec site and did a scan from their site. The scan had found
nothing after the file count hit 111,000 files. I know I have about 60,000
files. When I try a normal shutdown, the PC will not shut down and just sits
there with the on-light still on. I have to pull the plug to get a restart.
Once I restart by restoring power verything else seems to be working but
Norton/Symantec. Any ideas?
W. George Schmid
Hosta Hill - Tucker Georgia USA
Zone 7a - 1188 feet AMSL