Some unusual hosta questions

  • Subject: Some unusual hosta questions
  • From: HMinnesota@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 22:40:03 EDT

1)   How long can a mature, bare root Hosta generally be left in a bucket of
water that is at 70 to 80 degrees temp?  What starts to happen to the plant
and at what time?  Suffocation, rot, etc?  Over how many days.

2)  Given the above question and answer, what medium is the best to put
Hostas in if you want to just store them for 1 to 5 days?

3)  A woman asked me if there are any Hostas bees do not like - she is highly
allergic.  I told her I doubt there are any but thought I would ask as she
loves Hostas but bees are life and death to her.

Thanks very much,

Tom Carlson