3 questions

Subject: Some unusual hosta questions

1)   How long can a mature, bare root Hosta generally be left in a bucket of
water that is at 70 to 80 degrees temp?  What starts to happen to the plant
and at what time?  Suffocation, rot, etc?  Over how many days.
I suppose it will rot Why not gibve it a try?
2)  Given the above question and answer, what medium is the best to put
Hostas in if you want to just store them for 1 to 5 days?
Just place them in a plastic bag that will do

3)  A woman asked me if there are any Hostas bees do not like - she is highly
allergic.  I told her I doubt there are any but thought I would ask as she
loves Hostas but bees are life and death to her.
Hostas are visitited by bumble bees not bees at least in
Europe. MAy that makes a difference

Thanks very much,

Tom Carlson

End of hosta-open DIGEST V1 #107

Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Institute of Biology,Leiden University, Clusius lab
Wassenaarse weg 64, 2333 AL Leiden, The Netherlands
Fax: +31-71-5274999. min temp -10(-15)C (10F)