Re: Foliar nematodes questions

  • Subject: Re: Foliar nematodes questions
  • From: Ray Wiegand wie1086@earthlink.net
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 18:14:10 -0400

Tom,

I have been using Di Syston by Hi-yield. It is systemic insecticide. I spread it
around the plant regularly from the beginning of the season. It seems more effective
if you use it close to watering times (when it rains it is time to pour). Nemotodes
get around most when the soil is wet, so it would make sense that that would be the
most effective time. It worked well for me last year, this year not so good. This
would be due to me not using it enough early this season when it rained. A friend
used it heavy with the rain and found it very effective.

Ray