Re: Some unusual hosta questions

  • Subject: Re: Some unusual hosta questions
  • From: MWenger798@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 19:49:51 EDT

In a message dated 09/01/2003 10:41:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
HMinnesota@aol.com writes:

<<
 3)  A woman asked me if there are any Hostas bees do not like - she is
highly
 allergic.  I told her I doubt there are any but thought I would ask as she
 loves Hostas but bees are life and death to her.

The best thing to do is to cut off the flower stalks as soon as she sees them
emerge from the ground so as not to have the flowers.  I generally like the
foliage much better than the flowers, except for my plantagenia that have very
large fragrant white blooms.
Mary