Foliar Nematodes vs Cygon

  • Subject: Foliar Nematodes vs Cygon
  • From: "Margaret Little" margaret@golden.net
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 12:41:47 -0400

My limited use of Cygon has been directed to localized slug populations. Cygon
is systemic. What success rate should it have on the nematode virus. Is the
fnv an increasing problem in most areas? What is the short and long term
prognosis of a plant with fnv? Will a traveling slug carry the virus? This
appears to be an increasing problem in hosta gardens, but there seems to be a
lack of concern and dialogue. Is this something we just have to learn to live
with eg slugs, or are there definitive steps of control that we can take?