Re: Foliar nematodes questions

  • Subject: Re: Foliar nematodes questions
  • From: hostas@gmx.at
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:26:54 +0200 (MEST)

> What does nematode damage look like?  Is it similar to slug damage?
> I bought a hosta at the end of the season last year that was not named.
> The
> leaves on it were a mess.  Something had chewed away all of the edges.  It

Nematodes are tiny (not visible) worms that live inside of leaves. So no
chewing involved. Pics of what the damage looks like can be found here:
http://www.hostalibrary.org/diseases/nematodes.html
In between the veins tissue dies --> brown stripes occur. Hope this helps.

--
Cheerio

Marie ( www.beepworld.de/members55/hostakatze )

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f|r Mail, Message, More! +++

Getestet von Stiftung Warentest: GMX FreeMail (GUT), GMX ProMail (GUT)
(Heft 9/03 - 23 e-mail-Tarife: 6 gut, 12 befriedigend, 5 ausreichend)

Jetzt selbst kostenlos testen: http://www.gmx.net