Tree roots

I recently moved into a home totally void of shade and my poor hostas, after
enduring a long, hot summer, are begging for something to be done.  I've been
out looking at trees and three that I have my eye on are Acer griseum, Acer
circinatum, and Acer tschonoskii ssp. koreana.  Does anyone know if hostas have
a fair chance at competing against the roots of these maples?

Thank you in advance.