I have few problems but also plant some oaks & black walnuts Re: Tree roots

  • Subject: I have few problems but also plant some oaks & black walnuts Re: Tree roots
  • From: James Sherwood jimwsherwood@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 04:38:52 -0700 (PDT)

I have few problems with mature Maples and big hostas fighting for turf. lol
But add some oaks and 20 years from now be amazed,  also add some black walnut as a future cash crop.

Funnybooboo@aol.com wrote:
I recently moved into a home totally void of shade and my poor hostas, after
enduring a long, hot summer, are begging for something to be done. I've been
out looking at trees and three that I have my eye on are Acer griseum, Acer
circinatum, and Acer tschonoskii ssp. koreana. Does anyone know if hostas have
a fair chance at competing against the roots of these maples?

Thank you in advance.
F.B.

See the new club for Royality Trusts:

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/royalitytrusthidividends