Re: Tree roots

  • Subject: Re: Tree roots
  • From: Len Phillips lenphillips@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 05:16:57 -0700 (PDT)

All three species of maple have deep, slow growing root systems so they
should be excellent for providing shade for hostas and not compete too
much with their roots.  Unfortunately they also are all slow growing
trees, so it is going to take a while before they provide adequate shade.

By the way, very few nurseries carry Acer circinatum and Acer tschonoskii
ssp. koreana.  May I ask where you found them?

Len Phillips

--- Funnybooboo@aol.com wrote:
> I've been
> out looking at trees and three that I have my eye on are Acer griseum,
> Acer
> circinatum, and Acer tschonoskii ssp. koreana.  Does anyone know if
> hostas have
> a fair chance at competing against the roots of these maples?

Do you Yahoo!?