Nematode killer selection

  • Subject: Nematode killer selection
  • From: HMinnesota@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:16:54 EDT

Thanks for your previous and recent posts regarding foliar nematodes.  Here
are few questions I hope someone could give guidance to.

1)  If you had one chemical to pick to kill every nematode in your garden by
drenching, which would you pick?

Zero Tol 2% solution

2)  If you select something that sterilizes the soil, will it ever come back?
 Will it kill trees?

3)  If the nematodes live in the plant and you cut off the leaves at the
ground and drench the roots and surrounding soil with one of the above solutions,
will the solution be absorbed into the remaining roots of the plant and kill
the nematodes?

4)  I don't know how many of the above chemicals are available in Minnesota.
Does anyone know?

5)  If you leave a plant in a 2% Zero Tol solution, will it kill the
nematodes and not the hosta?

I agree with previous posters.  I think hosta lovers could benefit by someone
creating a database of hostas that get nematodes and those that don't.  I
think there are some plants that don't get them or at least show the symptoms.

Thanks much - I am sure many will benefit from this.