Re: Sawdust and Fall Beauties

  • Subject: Re: Sawdust and Fall Beauties
  • From: michael shelton <wilddog_202@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 18:02:21 -0700 (PDT)

Robert Leask gave perfect advice about covering the
top of the pots. Most any mulch would do the same as
leaves and if I used leaves i would run over them with
a mower. Unground leaves can be difficult to break
though in the spring.

What mary says is also true except the reason is being
above ground and not insulated from spring tempatures.
The mulch layer keeps them dormant longer which is