hostas that you will always love

  • Subject: hostas that you will always love
  • From: SECK138@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 22:41:08 EDT

That what is really all about.  No matter how long you have  them.  There are
hostas that you will always love. My list includes  but is not limited to
Jade cascade, love pat, montana aureomarginata,  sagae, deep blue sea, LS
sapphire pleats,  delta dawn, birchwood elegance,  guacamole, lady isobel, midwest
magic, nigrens elatior, Potomac pride, raspberry  sorbet, spritzer, June,
sergeant pepper, tokudama flavocirnallis, yellow river,  paradigm, etc.   They were
not the plants I paid the most money  for.  They are all plants the longer I
own them the more I love  them.  Some of them did not even come into their own
until I had them  for four to five years.   It is presence.  They are lovely
to look at.  I am sure I have others that will become favorites once they
have matured.  When we look at all the new plants that are coming out, how  do we
know if they will last the test of time.  How many years are  people growing
them before bringing them to market?  Why do we need another  look a like?
What are the plants that have presence?   What is  your list?   I miss when the
hosta open talked about these  plants that we cannot live without.