Re: Drying hosta seed.

  • Subject: Re: Drying hosta seed.
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 08:01:52 -0400

>I'm considering bringing in a few stalks of pods and they are not yet dry
>and open.   Should I let them sit and dry on the vine so to speak or is it
>ok to bring them in?   Would a food dehydrater do a decent job?

Mike:  nix on the dehydrator. If you bring them in, put them in sugar water
on the window sill. At least I would. Best to find a way to let them
mature.   glen

"....computed in dinosaur years, that's three days from the brain's death
to its being recognized as dead in the far frontiers of the tail."Albert

Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont
Tel: 802-885-2839