Re: hostas that you will always love

  • Subject: Re: hostas that you will always love
  • From: "John" <js4103@charter.net>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 09:39:14 -0500

I also miss when the hosta open talked about these plants that we cannot
live without.  In fact I enjoy any type of list (reason to make a list).
For example I was considering making a list of hosta that deer seem to crave
and ones they seem to ignore.  In past years it was clear that they craved
for some (ate them to the ground), nibbled on others and after a bite or 2
seemed to leave others totally alone.  So this year I was keeping track.
However, for the first time they have devoured an entire bed - the one that
is the closest to the woods.  I dont know if deer are finally reallizing how
wonderful hosta are or there is something lacking in their diet this year.
My list of hosta I love would include most of those on your list.  Also:
Wolverine, Abba Dabba Do, Cherry Berry, Frances Williams, Kabitan, Krossa
Regal, Regal Splendor, Sum & Substance...