Re: splashed ventricosa, will it produce variegated seedlings?

  • Subject: Re: splashed ventricosa, will it produce variegated seedlings?
  • From: "Bill Nash" <raffi@sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:44:43 -0400

Robert Leask et al -- H'mmm, a streaked Aureo-marginata (ventricosa), and
just a 20-minute drive away from here -- HOW TEMPTING? -- to go on a
mid-night shopping spree (free-digging?) yes?  << just kidding >>

BEING FRANK with you Bob, well, I've not had much success; growing the
marginated form of ventricosa.  Too puny and a smallish-sized plant
performance to my liking.  Now, if you were talking the "montana" yellow
marginated hosta -- that would be a different story -- I suppose.  I'm
having some terrific selling advantages on this one; and simply love, the
large sized specimen hosta, which it can grow into.  SAGAE, likewise, is a
great seller --  anyone have? -- a streaked form of this?  <<awe forget
it!>>

Thank you kindly Bob, but I shall pass.  Notwithstanding, good luck on your
variegated kid-hosta-trials, with your ventricosa 'Aureo-marginated' streak.

WILL ' I-am  {B>))
                               and remaining

hosta sincerely yours