Re: watering hosta gardens with irrigation system?

  • Subject: Re: watering hosta gardens with irrigation system?
  • From: butch ragland wilddog_202@yahoo.com
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 07:05:44 -0700 (PDT)

I don't think foliar nematodes are as big a problem as
we make them. The thing we have to fear is the fear of
foliar nematodes.
15 years ago when I first heard of foliar nematodes at
the Chicago Winter Scientific Conference they were
going to ruin hosta as a landscape plant.
Since then who has developed a effective treatment for
foliar nematodes? Without a way to kill them why
haven't they taken over everyones gargen. Who treats
for foliar nematodes and how effective is your
I'm not asking if anyone has ever seen foliar
nematode's on a hosta, who has a serious problem or
who do you know who has a serious problem. I'm asking
if you've ever heard of anyone, have you ever seen a
garden with a severe nematode problem.
Finally how do you control the rain, if it was such a
big problem then everyone ourside of Arizona would
have a severe nematode problem.
Slugs are a far, far, far bigger problem.

Butch Ragland
Jury Verdict Reporter