Re: Patsy's Plant

At 11:29 PM 8/31/98 EDT, you wrote:

>You and I know how those taxonimists operate. Why not believe me? The
genus is
>Tradescantia---I suppose one does not like that, as most of that genus
>consists of weeds.

But they look so perfect with hostas, at least in the early summer before
they collapse and choke out everything around them.  According to Avent's
catalogue, Trandescantia=Setcreasea is hardy down to 0 degrees (F), so I am
going to plant it outside and see if it retains it's attractiveness all
season, or if it collapses like its relative, the spiderwort.  I think it
will look gorgeous planted around H. ventricosa Aureomarginata.

Sheila Smith
mikecook@pipeline.com
Niles, MI  USA, Z 5/6