Re: lack of slug damage

In a message dated 8/31/98 9:52:15 PM Central Daylight Time, CCREDUX@aol.com

<< Are the plants around it subject to slug damage?
 I have noticed the same thing---also with Green Gold. >>

Where I work the Hostas are grown in containers.  The whole area is covered
with slag (like used on a driveway).  The pots are just set on the slag inside
poly huts (although there is no poly on in the summer) in the full sun. (Need
I say that this is NOT a Hosta specialty nursery?)  They received overhead
irrigation several times a day as needed.  They are not in any particular
order as far as which one is next to which other one, but all of one kind is
kept together; but I do  notice that 'Francee' very seldom has slug damage or
any of the slimy critters lurking in the pots when I divide them.