Re: sinking plants

Joanne Pyszczek wrote:

> Is there a good way to prevent hostas from sinking too deep?  I made up
> a nice fluffy new bed this spring and it's quite obvious a number
> of the plants have settled in deeper than I expected. Any suggestions
> before I start eliminating the next section of lawn.
> Joanne
> jopyz@earthlink.net
I have noticed this problem in many of my new beds.  I have started
"packing" the soil on the bottom of a planting pit and even then planting
a little high.  --------- and------- today--I ---ah-- raised two Hostas I
planted using that method about three weeks ago!!!!!
OK---OK  but that is only two out of eight I planted there!!
Ran