Re: hybridizer's best: List#1

In a message dated 9/8/1998 9:38:17 PM Central Daylight Time,
jopyz@earthlink.net writes:

<< If you had to recommend only one plant
 from a specific hybridizer to a new hostaholic which would they be?
 i.e. one Herb Benedict, one Lachmann, etc and why? >>
My list assumes "hybridizer" means a person who is one who has made a
selection fom OP seedlings; or, has introduced sports; or who actually does
cross pollination manually.

Benedict='My Child InSook'-------beautiful variegation
Lachman='Cascades'------sensational leaf morphology with extraordinary
K. Vaughn=Any one of his will do.Perhaps 'Little Doll'---Blue & Gold
Trucks='Princess Diana'---probably the prettiest hosta I've seen
Avent='White Wall Tires'----VERY unusual variegation
Santa Lucia='Lunar Sea'----THE standout in the August Moon world of sports
M. Seaver='Sea Gold'-----the best of the true golds
Lydell='Yucca Ducka Do'-------elongated, dark-green leaves with perfect white
Crockett=Any will do.(VVBG). Actually, 'Monument Circle'----AWESOME!
(To be continued. Patsy Stygall has some that will blow one's mind, so to
speak.AND these are cross-pollinated by herself.)

Clyde Crockett z5 Indy IN  <ccredux@aol.com>