Please tell us what you think of our newly improved web site...

Dear fellow HOSTAholics on Hosta-open:

  First of all, I'd like to invite you all personally to go check our recently
improved web site (www.geocities.com/~Hosta2).  Our web master-Sue Glaude-has
done a fantastic job with updates and improvements.  As far as I'm concerned
its the best Hosta site out there for information about the activities of any
HOSTA group--Local or National.

  To make this a little more interesting though, I'd like you to scroll down
through the Table of Contents page to the section titled "Hosta Showcase" and
check out all the images but in particular I'd like to ask you to go to the
one titled "Glenville Gardens" then scroll to the photos of the H.
plantagineas  and send me your opinion of whether you are viewing the bloom of
an 'Aphrodite' or is it the much prized 'Venus'.  Please also include what you
are basing your opinion on.  I certainly hope everyone will take time to do
this...I really want to know!

  You all are also invited to our super event this coming Saturday at the
world famous Cornell Plantations in Ithaca, NY.  We are sponsoring a private
tour by the Director and the plant curator, so this will be one event you will
treasure for many years to come.  For more information and directions, don't
hesitate to get back to me personally.

  Best wishes,
  Dave Jennings
  First President and Cofounder
  The Upstate New York Hosta Society
  Almost two years old and already 117 dues paying members strong!