Fwd: 30th Anniversary---Confidential

-- BEGIN included message

In a message dated 9/16/1998 8:03:48 PM Central Daylight Time,
sussextreeinc@CE.NET writes:

 Alex and Gene will be at the Hosta in Focus meeting in November.
 I will be glad to help in any way I can.

This in regard to my earlier mesage about a gift to Alex Summers(and his Gene)
to honor Alex on the 30th anniversary of his founding the American Hosta
Thanks Dan for your message.

Here is a suggestion: Those of us with new hybrids, give him a division. All
contribute say $5 for the purchase of a Loving Cup, appropriately inscribed to
include Gene's contribution, as well.

The Hostas in Focus Meeting would be a great time to make the presentation.
(It is a GREAT event; if you haven't attended, you should try to make it.)

The presentation should be made on behalf of the two listserves devoted to
hostas. Perhaps Joanne P. and Carolyn S. could make the presentation, if they
plan to attend.

Please let me have your suggestions, comments, &c.  I'd be happy to co-
ordinate the event--I shall be at the Meeting. Would like Dan to help me.

-- END included message