Re: Pine Straw is Dangerous

In a message dated 9/21/1998 7:03:38 AM Central Daylight Time, UNYHS@aol.com
writes:

<<
 It is very popular in many areas and relatively inexpensive  >>
Thanks Dave, for the info on the danger of using pine straw.

In re your comment above---here in Indianapolis I have found it to be the most
expensive of the more popular mulches. It is almost twice as expensive as pine
bark, per weight and per volume.
Are there different "types" of pine straw? I buy what are called pine
"needles," but was told that this is the same as pine "straw;" the only
difference being that "straw" refers to the needles that have fallen to the
ground. Is that accurate?

Clyde Crockett
z5 Indy IN