Re: Pine Straw is Dangerous

In a message dated 9/21/98 5:33:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time, CCREDUX@aol.com

<< I have found it (Pine Straw) to be the most
 expensive of the more popular mulches. It is almost twice as expensive as
 bark, per weight and per volume.
Are there different "types" of pine straw? I buy what are called pine
 "needles," but was told that this is the same as pine "straw;" the only
 difference being that "straw" refers to the needles that have fallen to the
 ground. Is that accurate? >>

Price is a matter of supply and demand...in the Myrtle Beach area where my in-
laws are, it is one of the least expensive...guess because of all the Southern
Pines growing every where... Both are long course Pine Needles...and both are
sold as Pine Straw...Both very Flammable...Please don't use it near
foundations...enough said!

Bets wishes,
UNYHS President