Re: Pixlist

In a message dated 9/23/1998 9:13:48 PM Central Daylight Time,
mikecook@pipeline.com writes:

<<
 Hi, Clyde.  Could you tell those of us who are less informed about Pixlist?
  Specifically, does it utilize snail mail as well as e-mail?

Hi!
It is very uncomplicated. Pix are scanned and sent to a list of e-mail
addresses. Each person on the list, or anyone for that matter who has the
list, can send  scanned images to the addresses. The format is jpeg., usually.
Many on the list have problems viewing pix that are sent in other formats.

The pix are sent through e-mail;but, I am sure that if you wanted a copy of a
print that someone has sent, he/she would be happy to send it to you snail
mail.
Once you have viewed an image, you could save it to a file or delete it.
Those on the list are under NO obligation to send images. If one does not have
a scanner, one could send a print, say, to me and I will scan it and send it
to the list.
Indeed, there are only about ten or so of us who regularly send images. The
list is up to 80+, or thereabouts.

It is a great way to see pictures of new hostas, shade plants, companion
plants, garden scenes and, yes, hosta people. Anything goes!
Bill Nash and Patty Woodbury have been invaluable in streamlining it.

Just let Bill know if you want to be on the list.

Clyde Crockett z5 Indy IN <ccredux@aol.com>