Cocoa Bean Shell Mulch-$2 for 50#

In a message dated 9/23/98 10:16:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Sallybobm@AOL.COM writes:

<< For the 2 cubic feet of cocoa bean shells in a plastic bag, we paid $3 for
 years, then $3.25 and Bob called Tiffany's Landscaping recently to see if
 had some in stock and the price is now $3.45.  One year they sold out early
 and Bob was in every garden shop in the county paying from $5 to $7 a bag  >>

WOW...what a rip off...all during my early gardening days we used to buy 50
pound burlap bags of Cocoa Bean Shells from local Sources around the Syracuse,
NY Area for $2 a bag!!  I'd guess that one 50 pound bag equaled about 3 of the
bags you are buying!!  That was when the NESTLE'S plant in Fulton was simply
glad to get rid of them...that was in the late 60's though...I'm sure the
price now even in Central, NY is closer NOW to what you are paying...Just
thought I'd share that as one of those REMEMBER WHEN STORIES....

 Dave  UNYHS
Where it hit a low of 38 this morning and the local news stories featured the
nearby ski slope making SNOW...Brrrrrr...