Will Jim Be Kicked Off?

This afternoon, I received a rather strange post from Steve Chamberlain
entitled "Whom HaveYou Attacked?" This title suggests  that I have
attacked someone personally. This is the same charge that has been made
by Carolyn Schaffner, Majordomo of AHS. But the tone of  Steve's post is
a question like "When did you stop beating your wife?"

He meant, of course, "What? You claim not to know?"  My answer is , yes.
I honestly  claim not to know. That is why I asked Carolyn.

Meanwhile I have been in correspondence with Clyde Crockett because he
is an outstanding authority on Law , a wize counselor and a friend.. I
told him I did not know who Carolyn claimed I offended nor who had
initiated the complaint.. I wondered if it was Clarence Falstad because
he I had commented to me in an unsolicitated post in a rather pot-shot
type manner. I told Clarence  I did not want to discuss the four
peripheral issues he  raised in a rather testy,  playful and ,
taunting   manner, which did not bother me much really. I told Clyde I
wondered if it was Clarence who made the public complaint to the AHS
Robin Committee...that he may have mis-interpreted my use of YOUR stupid
policies (second person plural, referring to AHS officials) for YOUR
stupid policies ( second person singular in which case he may have taken
this pronoun to be personal.) Clyde said that he  would communicate with
Clarence who is a dear friend to try to learn more.

I do not know the outcome of this contact with Clarence ( who said
what?) except that Clyde told me later that the public complaint did not
come from Clarence because he was not offended at my statements.

By this time I was in agreement with Clyde that the public complaint to
AHS Robin Committee could not have come from Clarence. Why did I change
my mind? Because Clarence would not stoop so low. He is a very decent
and honorable person, Sometimes he makes mistakes, but don't we all?

In the meanwhile, I wrote to Jim Langhammer and asked if he would
provide any insight into this mystery. I asked him if he initiated a
public complaint against me.. He said that he did not do so...that he
sent a copy of a  post in which he complained that my post was an
"uncivil exchange" and asked the majordomo (of hosta-open) to try to
regain civility and to remove political discussions from hosta-open. He
did not ask for any sanctions against me. He told me in a later post
that he would verify  to the truth of these statements to whomever was
attempting to remove me from a  Robin.. Jim was not even aware that
there was a Robin called AHS Robin...and he did not send a complaint to
this Robin.

By this time, which took several days, I had eliminated Clarence as well
as Jim Langhammer as the possible source of the public complaint. I
wondered, could it have Ben Zonneveld? Absolutely not. This was beyond
consideration for personal reasons I can  not devulge  at this time. Nor
was it Steve Chamberlain. He had agreed with me on my assessment of the
IAC and I had made no remarks about him in my post. In my post I was
discussing new policies of the AHS, not individuals. I had not mentioned
any  names in a personal manner . Furthermore, Steve Chamberlain was not
an official of AHS. I have no arguments with Him. So who made the
complaint? If I knew I might find out what the complaint was about.

Conclusions...NO ONE MADE A PUBLIC COMPLAINT. The hosta-open post from
Jim Langhammer was" borrowed", so to speak,  from Hosta-open
correspondence traffic and used by the Robin Committee, applying the
rules of the AHS Robin to it, and I became a target with trumped up
charges. I did not " constantly attack some one individual and hold him
up to ridicule and contempt because he had a different point of view."
(using Carolyn's words). Who constructed the charge with these words?
They were certainly not my words. They must have been the words of
someone who thinks she(he) is a very clever manipulator of people.
Charges have not been described in detail because they are not valid.
There is absolutely no proof that I have done what is claimed.. The
charge is absurd, fraudulent, made for unknown purposes and is an
affront to the intelligence of anyone who reads the charge.. I am
outraged that this is allowed to happen. It violates the very rules of
the Robin itself , to wit: : "It (the Robin) can have no position on
either intellectual or personal arguments amongst its members". I charge
the Robin with violating its own rules. I demand that the President or
someone on the Board  investigate this affair to see whether the Robin
or the Majordomo actually  received a public complaint as stated in the
COMPLAINT. If so, then these injustices, the corruptible influences of a
few and the stakes in the game  become even higher. This mal-treatment
of an innocent person with threats and falsehoods become a new issue.

I will not be silenced by being kicked off AHS Robin.

Jim Hawes