Re: Will Jim Be Kicked Off?

In a message dated 9/1/1999 5:13:15 PM Central Daylight Time,
hawesj@gcnet.net writes:

<< Subj:     Will Jim Be Kicked Off?
 Date:  9/1/1999 5:13:15 PM Central Daylight Time
 From:  hawesj@gcnet.net (Jim Hawes)
 Sender:    owner-hosta-open@mallorn.com
 To:    AHSE-MAILROBIN@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM
 CC:    hosta-open@mallorn.com, nise@onelist.com, hostadocta@msms.org,
chf@macatawa.org >>

Unfortunately, I cannot communicate with the AHS Robin. Perhaps Jim Hawes
will forward this message to it----not in its entirety, of course, as that
will get you suspended! :>)

I agree with Jim that no one complained about his postings.If one reads them
carefully, there was nothing about which to complain.

This is obviously a case where the so-called Committee acted sua sponte.The
Committee was chosen in the typical undemocratic methods of the American
Hosta Society and were chosen for their subservient personalities. One of the
list-owners is a certain Ms. Kass Speerly (sp?) who wrote a terribly
defamatory message to the Robin about me. My best guess is that she is a
member of the Committee AND a prime suspect to cause the Committee to
act----if in fact they did.
A better theory, imo, is that the Committee did not act at all. They are
under the thumb and sway of CS and KS , and each of them will do anything to
get rid of someone who criticizes the policies of the AHS. It was they, not
the Committee, that framed the warning. That is my theory.

Jim Hawes---I know and you know that Ms. Schaffner is not going to respond
fully to your reasonable requests. The reason is simple to figure out===there
was NO reason to give you the warning.
I would suggest to you that you consult with a lawyer in Maryland about the
possibility of a defamation suit against the AHS and perhaps other entities.

Respectfully,

Clyde Crockett