Re: Jim Hawes

In a message dated 9/2/1999 2:38:13 AM Central Daylight Time, CCREDUX@aol.com

 I still cannot believe that Mrs. Shaffner teaches English---she should do
 better as a prison warden (with a whip, to beat older men). >>

If this sentence is correct she is a prison warden?
Or should it have been "...she Would do better as a prison warden..."
I think this mess has started with some mis-interptations and ready to much
between the lines.

This might be a good resolution to a corundum that has plagued me for a
number of years between two proverbs.

"the squeaky wheel gets greased" and "the squeaky bug gets squashed"

I hope it's the later and not the former.