Amazing

Good morning to all:

Once again I have been appalled at the AHS.  The governing board and
listserver owners have turned me off.  Gardening is about friendship, sharing
plants, sharing ideas, learning, etc..  Politics belong at the town, city,
states, etc. level. It is these politics that have turned me off as well
[another story]. Not in a plant society.

I take exception to only two things of all the posts I have read with
interest: 1. Name calling which I find childish and 2. Character maligning.

It's a shame that Jim has to waste his time in his valid efforts to find out
what has happened to him.  I strongly agree with Jim that if he is being
accused of some wrong doing that he is entitled to the who, what, and when.

Understanding the to err is human.  Therefore, as in business or life, err on
the side the light side.  One can change ones mind after assessing both sides
of the story.

I have never met Jim only on-line.  We post each other occasionally and
discuss trading hosta for about the last two years.  I believe that Jim does
not have a mean bone in his body nor does he speak ill of anyone.

We are at the bottom line. As an active nonpolitical member of AHS, I would
like to see posted:  1. What the violation(s) are that Mr. hawes is being
accused of and 2. Who has made a complaint.  As several members have
said...these a simple, uncomplicated, nonpolitical questions.

I do not remember reading any post from any board member on the goings on.

Lastly, I belong to other plant society listservers.  I have yet to see any
of them embroiled in politics or even any violations of the listserver levied
out.

Hostally,

Rich Horowitz
Stoughton MA