Back to Proxy

In a message dated 9/2/99 11:15:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wie1086@mail.harborcom.net writes:

<< Funny thing happened when I was at the convention in Ann Arbor. The voting
 that took place, I could have voted on, even though at the time I wasn't a
 member of the national. >>

To Ran: You had posted many messages about voting by proxy immediately after
the 1999 National Convention. Can you please provide an update of any
correspondence/feedback you have received from AHS Board Members on the

I was very excited to attend this year (would have been my first). Plans had
to change due to my husband rupturing a disk in his back, and being on
disability for a number of weeks. This made it financially impossible for me
to attend.  The Y2K Convention will probably be prohibited by my budget as
well due to the distance from NY, but I still should have the ability to vote
on issues affecting AHS policies.

The issues that are up for vote should be sent out prior to the Convention
along with voting cards.  Anyone voting via proxy OR AT the convention should
be REQUIRED to provide their ID# when casting a ballot. I am not the big
political player here, but I do want to be able to exercise the privileges
that are part of my membership in the AHS without spending hundreds of
dollars on airfare.

Lori Johnson