Proxy Voting

Jean wrote:
> allowed to participate? Then why can't the others vote by > proxy?  Even
the multi-million dollar mutual fund people allow > their smallest
contributors to vote by proxy. What is the > reasoning on these unusual
rules?

Can anyone explain why we can't vote by proxy?  Governing without proper
representation was part of why there have been revolutions.  This is
something I think would only be fair as our money for membership has been
accepted so should our votes.  Many times things come up that prevent people
from making the convention.   Like the people who own businesses which
require them to stay home, family emergancies, also people who's work
schedules are not compatible.  Why are they penalized by not letting them
vote.   Disney corporation has even set up Electronic and Phone voting for
their shareholders no matter how small the number of shares you own.  Please
someone explain the reason for this.  Many of us would like to know why.

Thank you,
Kate E. Ardissono
Long Beach, IN