Re: Fw: [Fwd: (no subject)]/Nematodes/Pets

In a message dated 9/4/1999 6:09:12 AM Central Daylight Time,
jlanier@yancey.main.nc.us writes:

<<  Curious about what the
 treatment of your yard to eliminate nematodes cost. Also, is it a
 permantent treatment? >>
 Hi John & All,

I'l have to check on the cost and get back to you. It is done in two
treatments, one week apart.

As far as I can tell, it did the job with the hostas that were in the garden
at time of applications; however, I have brought in some this year that have
nematode infestations. Once I discerned this, I isolated the plants---but
these little worm-like creatures spread like wildfire, I am told. So, I am
going to repeat.

I must say about MY dog, Isabel ==a German Short-Hair Pointer.Izzy does NOT
chase anything but squirrels and birds. (She actually caught a squirrel and
bit its tail off. The squirrel has become a pet of the neighborhood. Tony
Avent commented on it whilst he was here. It loves to taunt Izzy.)

Izzy loves most of all to run a circle in our front yard. There is no more
grass in that area.I have spent a small fortune planting grass-seed, and
covering the area with chicken coop wire---but to no avail==too hot here! As
much as I love her, she and others of that breed need to be on a huge acreage
in the country and taken bird hunting,regularly.
Will I get rid of her? Never! This breed are absolutely the most affectionate
pet one can hope for. She is , when indoors, always with me, sitting by me as
I type postings on the net. Frequently she will say; "Papper, I really don't
think you should say that."

Clyde Crockett z5