Re: Proxy Voting

In a message dated 9/4/1999 8:11:46 PM Central Daylight Time, eoneill@ibm.net
writes:

<< But if the motion is sufficiently important to be voted on by the
 membership, it should be written in advance...far enough in advance that it
 could be included in the journal.

Gerry,

You are right.Those with email capabilities could vote via the AHS website.
Those without could vote by regular U.S. mail. Most important, the AHS should
inform ALL members of its agenda---well in advance of the annual meeting.
The AHS spends so much money on trivial things---I'd think it would be
worthwhile to cut back on what I consider the ridiculous amounts it expends
on the Yearbook and send out mail ballots as well.

But I am afraid our suggestions will fall on deaf ears, so to speak. The
administration of the AHS is in disarray. What was never anticipated by the
ruling group is the power of e-mail.They don't know what to do, so they wil
do nothing and continue to enjoy their perks.

Clyde Crockett z5