Re: Communicating

Based on experience's with my county park board mails and meetings, I will
agree that I've had to content with some pretty nasty people.  It's a shame
that a few people who feel the need to vent in such ignorant fashion ruin it
for the rest of society.
I've even been sought after with a person who tried to intimatate me with
weapons (good try but will I may appear an easy target I'm not dumb).
Unfortunate that our society has people like this.  I don't agree with
secret police (I've seen the fear it does to civilazations first hand).  I
know that this can be a problem but instead of keeping a secret identity I
accepted my responsiblity and therefore assume I will have to content with
problems.  If you can't hack that responsiblity step aside and let others
who can do it.  A possible suggest to handle the emails from insensitive
1.  Send the person a warning that their posting was in poor
    taste and could they present their problem in a more civic
    manner.  If that does not work step 2.
2.  Public posting (with bad words ####) of the individual who
    is rude so that they can be dealt with by the whole group.       Let
society go after the nasties not a secret police (many
    innocent people have been destroyed through secret police).
    The mature adults in our group should be able to put pressure
    on the culprete. If this fails step 3.
3.  Shunning has worked in many cultures.  For a set period this
    person would be excluded from communications with the group.

Kate E. Ardissono

> <<  I don't understand why anyone would have "secret" police in a hosta
society. >>
> I'll tell you why. I have been privy to some of the private mail that has
been sent to "committee" members and others, especially women. It is enough
to give you chills to think that members would stoop to such tactics. It is
scary. Men receive them too. Who wants to have a mailbox full of that!! Good

> reason for trying to be secretive.I'm not saying that is the way to handle
it, but does anyone have a better way?